[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

FYI (Javah compile)

Just for everyone's information.. After sending my last message I decided to
go ahead and try compiling Javah using EMX/GCC..

It took me a little over an hour total to take the Solaris source and
original Solaris makefiles and produce a JAVAH.EXE from them using EMX/GCC and
GNU make..

(actually, at least 45 minutes of that was just hunting around in the various
machine-dependent header files (*_md.h) to figure out what I could remark out
and what needed to be faked for Javah's benefit..  A lot of the stuff like
threads which Javah includes the header files for but doesn't really use will,
of course, take more work to do properly..  I should note that the only files
I had to change at all were the makefiles and a few of the *_md.h files (oh,
and dealing with double_md.s, of course))

-alex